- Skills Training
- Sash and Case Window Repairs
Don’t rip out your sash and case windows! Come and learn how to carry out your own repairs.
Don’t rip out your sash and case windows, did you know that in most cases you can undertake simple repairs, retain these period features and ensure the value of your traditional building is not compromised?
This practical course will prove invaluable if you have a property with Sash and Case Windows. We will cover a short history of the development of windows before looking at the different components that make up a window and the issues to consider when approaching repairs.The course will allow attendees to identify and address various problems that commonly occur with sash windows. Topics covered will include window dismantling and reassembly, replacing ropes, weights, panes and putty. Various repair and improvement techniques will also be covered.
Download full course description (PDF)
This course is aimed at those who own or are responsible for a traditional building and those responsible for maintenance works to buildings such as churches or those considering a renovation or conversion project.
We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you.
- Understand how sash and case windows work
- Ability to identify problems
- Ability to re-rope a sash
- Ability to replace glazing and putty
- Understand the painting requirements for sash and case windows
- Understand the options for improving the thermal qualities of single glazed windows
Topics covered include
- Introduction to Sash Windows;
- Typical Problems & Solutions;
- Undertaking repairs;
- Making and installing replacement components;
- Protection and Appearance;
- Options for improving thermal qualities.
Starting on: Oct. 22, 2021 - Book
07th November 2019 - 27th October 2021
20th August 2021 - 10th December 2021