- Skills Training
- Traditional Masonry Repair C2-Contractor Level 2
A 3 day workshop aimed at contractors, building on the knowledge and skills gained on 'C1 Making and Using Traditional Mortars'.
The workshop aims to enable participants to complete seamless rebuilding and repair of traditional masonry to match original work. You will gain a conservation ethic and be able to develop repair strategies suitable for a variety of traditional masonry types.
The course deals with build types from ashlar to rubble walling, as well as finishes including harling and limewashing. Participants will be able to undertake sensitive surface repairs to ashlar and profiled stone to the highest standards using indenting, part indenting and mortared surface repairs
This workshop provides the underpinning knowledge and a practical rehearsal of the assessment and accreditation procedure for SQA National Unit 2 and Unit 3.
Please click here to download PDF copy of the course description (42.6KB)
This practical course is aimed at building contractors and those undertaking repair work to masonry structures who have completed 'C1 Making and Using Traditional Mortars'. Good tool skills are required. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- Developing a repair strategy;
- Understanding of current accepted conservation practice and guidelines;
- Replicating traditional masonry characteristics;
- Build traditional masonry structures;
- Undertake complex masonry repair and conservation work.
- Batching hydraulic lime mortars;
- Matching repair mortars to original appearances and properties;
- Mixing gauged hot lime mortars;
- Using lime based grouts for joints and voids;
- Surface repair of stone;
- Indenting new masonry units;
- Harling and rendering;
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.
Starting on: Sept. 7, 2021 - Book
11th May 2021 - 10th November 2021
24th August 2021 - 17th November 2021
31st August 2021 - 8th December 2021
27th April 2021 - 13th October 2021